Easy Keto Diet Plan For Beginners
We’ve known fat as the Ted Bundy of the diet industry. But what’s in a perfect keto meal plan may surprise you.
Is Ketogenic Diet For You?
Are you ready to lose weight in two weeks? Eager to lose fats without going to the gym or doing workouts from home? The secret on how to lose weight fast without exercise is through the ketogenic diet.
You’ve probably heard about the keto diet but have no idea how or when to do it. First things first: forget what you learned about fat being the culprit. The multi-billion sugar industry is nasty. It deliberately puts the blame on fats, eventually influencing dietary recommendations. The ketogenic diet is a controversial high-fat low carbohydrate diet. We’ve been programmed to hate fats and that sugar is related to everything nice and pretty.
How To Know If The Ketogenic Diet Is For You
- If your doctor recommends it
- If you want to lose weight in a healthy way
- If you see keto as a way of life and can commit to it for a long time
- If your body positively responds to it
Simple Keto Diet Meal Plan
Switching from a high-carb to a very low-carb diet demands motivation. It can be overwhelming so expect the first three or four days to be the most challenging days. There are different kinds of ketogenic diets but the standard diet involves 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs, which means you can forget about pasta, bananas, and milkshakes. The diet is focused on fat, especially healthy ones like avocado, extra virgin olive oil, fatty fish, eggs, and more. Make the perfect meal plan with these food recommendations:
Your keto diet meal plan basically revolves around the following foods:
- Cheese (mozzarella, cream cheese, etc)
- Healthy Fats (coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, etc)
- Fresh herbs
- Non-starchy vegetables
Sugar is the ultimate enemy of the ketogenic diet. There are actually sugar-free drinks that are ideal for you:
- Black coffee
- Electrolyte drink
- Green tea or any herbal teas
- Lemon or herbal-infused water
- Nuts and cheese
- Berries with heavy cream
- Dark chocolate chips
- Avocado with high-fat dressing
- Chia pudding with almond milk and cocoa
Keto Diet Foods To Avoid
Doing a strict keto diet means avoiding almost anything that’s sweet and delicious, thus totally changing your diet . Here are some of them:
- Bread and pastries
- Grain products
- High-carb fruits
- Alcoholic beverages
- Sugary drinks
- Sweet desserts
Easy 7-Day Keto Diet Menu For Beginners
If you are one of the millions of people who search the internet on weight loss and at-home workouts to build muscle, then here’s an easy keto diet menu for beginners without buying cookbooks that feature 3-minute keto diet recipes that you can’t seriously prepare in 3 minutes:
Limiting your carbohydrate intake is the most effective way for your body to achieve ketosis. While some common ketosis symptoms that include fatigue, bad breath, insomnia, and some digestive issues are quite normal when your body is in a state of ketosis, it is recommended to always observe how your body responds to your new way of eating.
Here’s a healthy keto diet menu for beginners:
- Breakfast: boiled eggs or eggs fried in butter with sautéed asparagus
- Lunch: avocado salad (cucumber and other greens) with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil; sautéed garlic butter mushrooms
- Dinner: cheesy baked salmon with lemon dressed greens
- Breakfast: Omelet with mushrooms sautéed in coconut oil
- Lunch: Beef with broccoli sautéed in garlic butter
- Dinner: Celery and cucumber salad with fresh herbs drizzled with extra virgin oil
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with strawberries
- Lunch: Roast chicken with rosemary with a spicy cucumber side dish
- Dinner: Grilled salmon and avocado salad
- Breakfast: Eggs with cheese and butter; black coffee
- Lunch: Beef lettuce wraps with cheese
- Dinner: Cauliflower rice with steak and salsa
- Breakfast: Coconut milk chia pudding with almonds
- Lunch: Beef curry and asparagus sautéed in garlic and butter
- Dinner: Rosemary roasted chicken with a vegetable side dish
- Breakfast: Cheesy eggs and sausages and unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch: Cheesy beef lettuce wraps and cucumber dish
- Dinner: Spicy chicken wings with herbed cream cheese dip
- Breakfast: Keto-friendly pancakes topped with whipped cream and blueberries
- Lunch: Beef lettuce wraps with cheese
- Dinner: Cauliflower rice with lamb chops and a vegetable side dish
Keto Diet Questions and Answers
Is keto safe?
Keto works by burning your excess fats. Keto flu is common during the first week but it’s actually a safe diet for most people. Studies showed that keto provided health benefits in patients with Diabetes 2 and those who are epileptic. According to a case report on the efficacy and safety of the ketogenic diet: the ketogenic diet in diabetes and epilepsy, a low carbohydrate diet helps improve glycemic control. While some studies reveal that the ketogenic epilepsy diet is beneficial for patients with epilepsy, obesity, and Type 2 diabetes, there is no long-term research that studies its effects on such patients.
How long is it safe to be in ketosis?
Firstly, it is necessary to have a clear understanding of what ketosis is and what happens to your body when you are in ketosis. While it’s already established that keto is generally safe for most people, it also has potential health side effects, especially during your first week or if you have a serious medical condition.
To answer the question, it’s safe to be in ketosis for a long time as long as you can stay in your diet and don’t easily give in to your sweet cravings. Quitting sugar and carbs needs effort and commitment. Being in and out of keto can be quite risky for some people and can cause a blood sugar spike. Cheat days can be dangerous. Keto is safe as long as you are committed to the diet and would like to consider it as part of your eating lifestyle.
What are the risks of the keto diet?
Keto is proven to be the fastest way to lose weight. It’s a controversial diet defying almost everything we know about food and diet.
Here are some common or accepted keto diet risks:
- Kidney Stress – Eating processed meats can increase your chances of developing kidney problems
- Muscle Loss – Losing weight on a keto diet means not only losing fats but at the same time losing your muscle.
- Weight Regain – Being on keto is a serious commitment. A lot of people who suddenly quit keto claimed that they gained weight fast
- Dehydration – Your body needs to be hydrated all the time while on keto. It tends to lose water weight, especially in the first weeks. It’s recommended to take vitamins that are good for your skin because a low-carb diet can shrink your skin cells, causing skin dryness and irritation.
Is the ultimate low-carb diet for you? Keto is undeniably one of the fastest ways to lose weight. But it’s also one of the hardest, especially for beginners. Being on a ketogenic diet demands mental and physical preparedness. Breaking up with sweets and those ridiculously delicious carb-on-carb recipes isn’t a walk in the park. Also, keto doesn’t have to be expensive. As a beginner, the best thing to do is to get to know the basics and you’ll be okay.